What is a Certificate of Attendance?
A Certificate of Attendance verifies years registered at UCD. It states your name, programme title, registration status and stage.
Where can I get a Certificate of Attendance?
Please note that there is no longer a printer available in the Student Desk to print your certificate of attendance. All self-service UCard printers on campus remain operational, subject to building access restrictions. For support, printing supplies (paper / toner / staples) or to report machine faults, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All students can acces an electronic Certificate of Attendance online via SISWeb by following the steps below:
- Log into SISWeb (your username is your UCD student number. If you have never changed your password, it will be your 6 digit date of birth in the format ddmmyy)
- If you are a current student, navigate to Registration, Fees and Assessment > My Official documents > Electronic Documents
- If you completed your programme, navigate to Academic Services > Official Documents > Electronic Documents
If you have submitted your Certificate of Attendance to a third party and it has been rejected, or if your Certificate is not displaying correctly online, you can submit an application for a Certificate of Attendance.
Important, please note: Certificates of Attendance enabled for the current academic year, or any previous year, will time out at the end of the academic session, usually at the start of August each year. This is a security measure to prevent recipients of your Certificate from having ongoing access to your record relating to the period beyond what you specified. If you wish to publish a Certificate of Attendance for the new academic year (2022/23) you can do so once you have confirmed your registration for the academic year
What is a Certificate of Attendance use for?
Common purposes for a Certificate of Attendance include:
- Visa Application (Irish Residency Permit) *
- Grant Application (SUSI, County Council / BTEA etc)
- Bank Account Application (Verification of address) **
- J1 Visa Applications for USIT, Intrax & Sayit in lieu of the stamped form
- Jury Service Exemption
- Social Welfare Application
* Irish Residency Permit (IRP) Applicants: The online version of the Certificate of Attendance is accepted by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS). In order to meet the specified requirements as set out by the INIS for obtaining an IRP card, International students should ensure they bring all required documentation when registering in person with that office. This includes bringing a UCD Certificate of Attendance. You can print a PDF of your Certificate of Attendance for this purpose.
** Bank Account Application: If you use a certificate of Attendance as proof of address to open a student bank account, it must include your Irish address. The addresses listed in the My Profile section in SISWeb (permanent and term address) are the addresses that will be on your Certificate of Attendance. If your Irish address is not listed in the My Profile section, log into SISWeb and update your details.