A Certificate of Attendance verifies the years you were/are registered at UCD. It states your name, programme title, registration status & stage. The Certificate of Attendance is accepted by all Irish banks & most other institutions in Ireland, Europe & the rest of the world.
Where can I get a Certificate of Attendance?
Please note that there is no longer a printer available at the Student Desk to print your certificate of attendance.
All students can access an electronic Certificate of Attendance online via SISWeb by following the steps below:
- Log into SISWeb (your username is your UCD student number. If you have never changed your password, it will be your 6-digit date of birth (format DDMMYY).
- Current students, go to Registration, Fees & Assessment > My Official documents > Electronic Documents.
- Alumnus, go to Academic Services > Official Documents > Electronic Documents.
If you have submitted your Certificate of Attendance to a third party and it has been rejected, or if your Certificate is not displaying correctly online, you can submit an application for a Certificate of Attendance.
Important, please note: Certificates of Attendance enabled for the current academic year, or any previous year, will time out at the end of the academic session, usually at the start of August each year. This is a security measure to prevent recipients of your Certificate from having ongoing access to your record relating to the period beyond what you specified. If you wish to publish a Certificate of Attendance for the new academic year (2023/24) you can do so once you have confirmed your registration for the academic year
What can a Certificate of Attendance be used for?
Common purposes for a Certificate of Attendance include:
- Visa Application (Irish Residency Permit) *
- Grant Application (SUSI, County Council / BTEA, etc)
- Bank Account Application (Verification of address) **
- J1 Visa Applications for USIT, Intrax & Sayit in lieu of the stamped form
- Jury Service Exemption
- Social Welfare Application
* Irish Residency Permit (IRP) Applicants: The online version of the Certificate of Attendance is accepted by the Irish Naturalisation & Immigration Service (INIS). In order to meet the specified requirements, as set out by the INIS for obtaining an IRP card, International students should ensure they bring all required documentation when registering in person with that office. This includes bringing a UCD Certificate of Attendance. You can print a PDF of your Certificate of Attendance for this purpose.
** Bank Account Application: If you use a certificate of Attendance as proof of address to open a student bank account, it must include your Irish address. The addresses listed in the My Profile section in SISWeb (permanent & term address) are the addresses that will be on your Certificate of Attendance. If your Irish address is not listed in the My Profile section, log into SISWeb & update your details.
UCD treats the fraudulent duplication or amendment of its official documents as a serious offence. Any such action will be considered a breach of UCD Regulations & will trigger disciplinary procedures. Such matters may also constitute a criminal offence &, as such, are liable to be reported to An Garda Síochána.