What is a Diploma Supplement?
The Diploma Supplement is issued to graduates of Higher Education Institutions. The Diploma Supplement provides additional information regarding the award which is not available on the Degree Parchment, such as the skills and competences acquired, the level of the qualification, results gained, and entry requirements and access opportunities to the next level of education . This enables the qualification to be more easily understood, particularly by employers and institutions outside of the issuing country. The European Diploma Supplement was developed jointly by UNESCO and the Council of Europe.
The Diploma Supplement is available to all UCD graduates who began and completed their programme after 2005. Your UCD Diploma Supplement is available to you from the date you receive your final degree result; you do not have to wait until graduation.
How do I access my Diploma Supplement
If you began after August 2005 and have been awarded your degree, you can access your electronic Diploma Supplement online by following the steps below:
- Log into SISWeb (Your username is your UCD student number. If you have never changed your password, it will be your 6 digit date of birth in the format ddmmyy. If you do not know your student number or if you have changed your password and can't remember it, contact us and we can help you.)
- Navigate to Academic Services > Official Documents > Electronic Documents
- "Enable" the Diploma Supplement for verification by clicking the "click to enable access" button
- Click on "Diploma Supplement" to download and save a pdf of your Diploma Supplement
Note that Diploma Supplements are only available in SISWeb and UCD does not produce hard copies of Diploma Supplements.
2013 Graduates from the following Programmes will see their Learning Outcomes, the Professional status of their award (if available) and information about access to further study:
- Bachelor of Social Science
- BA Psychology
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- BSc Human Nutrition
- BSc Physiotherapy
- BSc Radiography
- BSc Sport & Exercise Management
- BSc Health & Performance Science
- Masters of Regional and Urban Planning
- MSc in Humanitarian Action
Any 2013 graduate who has an award or scholarship, or who has completed a work-related Certificate with the Careers Office in 2013, will also have this noted on their Diploma Supplement.
Since June 2014, students who complete awards in the following areas will also be able to avail of an extended Diploma Supplement listing Learning Outcomes, Professional Statuses and Accesses to Further Study:
- Undergraduate Arts
- Undergraduate Business
- Graduate Business (from September 2014)
- Undergraduate and Graduate Nursing (From September 2014)
This service will be extended to other graduates on a phased basis.