How do I access my official electronic documents online?
If you began your programme in UCD from 2000 onwards*, you can access your official documents online via SISWeb immediately free of charge by following the steps below:
- Log into SISWeb (your username is your UCD Student number. If you have never changed your password, it will be your 6 digit date of birth in the format ddmmyy. If you can not remember your student number or if you have changed your password and can't remember it, contact us and we can help you)
- If you are a current student, navigate to Registration, Fees and Assessment > My Official Documents > Electronic Documents
- If you are alumni, navigate to Academic Services > Official Documents > Electronic Documents
- "Enable" your documents for verification by clicking the "click to enable access" button to the right of the document
- Click on the link for the document that you want to access to download a pdf of the document
* Note: that due to the complexity of some student records and/or grading systems, there will be cases where some graduates' records are not suitable for online documents and will therefore need to order & pay for a hard copy transcript. Examples of this include BA (Evening), Graduate Research pre 2006, BBLS & BComm (Intl.) graduates in 2007/08. UCD apologises for any inconvenience caused in such cases.
UCD's electronic documents are fully secure and verifiable online, accepted by a wide variety of third parties, universities etc. More information is available on our Official Document Security Information page.
For more information about electronic documents, check out our Official Documents FAQ page.
What is Online Document Publication?
This service enables UCD students/graduates to produce many of their UCD documents from their SISWeb account. The documents, which are available in PDF format are as follows:
- Certificate of Attendance
- Academic Transcript
- Academic Statement
- Diploma Supplement
- Statement of Results
Students can give these documents, either in hard copy (printed on plain paper) or as an e-mail attachment to third parties who require them (such as Local Grant Authorities, Social Welfare offices, education verification companies, prospective employers, other Universities, banks, etc).
Students can enable/disable verification of their documents through their SISWeb account by clicking the "enable access" button beside the relevant document.
If the student has enabled verification, the recipient will be able to verify the authenticity of the document at www.ucd.ie/verify using the Student's ID Number and the document-specific, 16-digit alphanumeric ID code listed on the bottom of the document.
If the student has not enabled verification, the third party will receive a message denying them access to the document.