- Prestigious award for UCD team tackling stillbirth prevention
- Major milestone on Ireland’s journey into space
- RIBA Stirling Prize 2022
- University College Dublin Engineering Spin-out Shortlisted for Ireland Leg of the 2022 KPMG Global Tech Innovator Competition
- Irish Government invests in 47 projects to engage and inspire the public about STEM
- Irish-led international education project to grow understanding of the bioeconomy in society
- €16m energy system research partnership to decarbonise energy sector
- Home retrofits may need to be re-done in ten years, Oireachtas committee hears
- UCD spin-out PlasmaBound completes €2.35m funding round
- 2022 News
- 2021 News Archive
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
- Building the State
- A Centenary Celebration
Celebrating this year's Women’s Economic Forum Award Winners Women Leaders in Innovation and Impact for an Inclusive Society
Wednesday, 30 September, 2020
Following on from an announcement and launch at Davos in January this year, the WEF and UCD SMARTlab are honoured to announce the award-winners in global women’s leadership at the United Nations General Assembly 2020.
The Women Economic Forum seeks out women leaders who will inspire the next generation in real world action with positive social impact.
This year’s winners have achieved phenomenal success in both large and small ways, contributing across disciplines, spheres, countries, cultures and languages to make the achievements and possibilities for women, and for girls to become women leaders, more and more visible. Among the award-winners are several College of Engineering & Architecture faculty and PhD candidates. Dr Maureen Concannon, Dr Jacki Morie, Dr Gayil Nalls, Dr Daria Dorosh, Dr Sara Diamond, Ms Cheryl L'Hirondelle, Dr Sapna Ramnani, Ms Ylva Hansdotter and Ms Cassandra Collins. Selected award winners have been supported by grants from UCD SMARTlab, the UCD Foundation, Irish Manufacturing Research with Enterprise Ireland, the Irish Research Council et al.
Other award winners include are Professor Harriet Mayor Fulbright of the Fulbright Foundation, Dr Mae Jemison of the 100 Year Starship/NASA, Prof Loretta Todd, Dr Mei Lin Fung of People Centred-Internet, Ms Meera Gandhi of the Giving Back Foundation, Ms Julia Jackson of the Grounded Foundation, Prof Nemit Bas of the Turkish Educational Foundation, Sinead Burke, Prof Fatima Bouabdelli of Safetynet Morocco, Alix O'Hara of Mashblox, et al.