- UCD wins Higher Education Partnership of the Year Award at the Asia Matters Business Awards
- Dr Amiya Pandit wins the Thomas Mitchell Medal
- Prestigious award for UCD team tackling stillbirth prevention
- Major milestone on Ireland’s journey into space
- RIBA Stirling Prize 2022
- University College Dublin Engineering Spin-out Shortlisted for Ireland Leg of the 2022 KPMG Global Tech Innovator Competition
- Irish Government invests in 47 projects to engage and inspire the public about STEM
- Irish-led international education project to grow understanding of the bioeconomy in society
- €16m energy system research partnership to decarbonise energy sector
- Home retrofits may need to be re-done in ten years, Oireachtas committee hears
- UCD spin-out PlasmaBound completes €2.35m funding round
- 2022 News
- 2021 News Archive
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
- Building the State
- A Centenary Celebration
The Irish Laboratory Awards 2020
Tuesday, 7 April, 2020
The Irish laboratory awards recognise excellence and achievement in the laboratory environment, covering management, innovation, collaboration, personnel development and laboratory equipment supply. whether you are a commercial, research or academic laboratory, just making the shortlist for the irish laboratory awards ensures that the scientists involved receive national recognition for their achievements.
This year UCD's Dynamic Systems and Risk Laboratory won the overall Research Laboratory of the Year 2020 and the Educational Laboratory of the Year 2020 at the Irish Laboratory Awards 2020 ceremony which took place on Thursday, March 5th, at the Ballsbridge Hotel, Dublin.
Kevin O'Driscoll, Director of Partner Programmes, BusinessRiver, presents the Academic or Research Laboratory of the Year to, Basuraj Bhowmik, Dynamical Systems and Risk Laboratory.
Mary Mullaghy, Irish Science Teachers' Association, presents the Education Laboratory of the Year award to Basuraj Bhowmik, Dynamical Systems and Risk Laboratory.
Congratulations to Vikram Pakrashi of the UCD School of Mechanical & Materials Engineering and all of his team .