What is an Academic Statement?
An Academic Statement is available to students who have completed their degree. It displays the years registered, the degree awarded, your overall grade and conferring date.
A statement does not give a breakdown of your modules and results. If you require a full breakdown of results an Academic Transcript would be better suited to you.
How to access your electronic Academic Statement online
If you began your programme after 2000, you can access an electronic copy of your Academic Statement online via SISWeb immediately, free of charge. To access your electronic Academic Statement, follow the steps below:
- Log into SISWeb (Your username is your UCD student number. If you have never changed your password, it will be your 6 digit date of birth in the format ddmmyy. If you do not know your student number or if you have changed your password and can't remember it, contact the Student Desk and we can help you.)
- Once logged in, navigate to Academic Services > Official Documents > Electronic Documents
- "Enable" the Academic Statement for verification by clicking the "click to enable access" button beside it
- Click on the "Academic Statement" to download and save a pdf of your Academic Statement
How to order a hard copy of your Academic Statement
If you began your programme prior to 2000, your Academic Statement is not available as a pdf online. You can order a hard copy of your Academic Statement by following the steps below:
- Log in SISWeb (your username is your UCD student number. If you have never changed your password it will be your 6 digit date of birth in the format ddmmyy. If you can't remember your student number or if you have changed your password and can't remember it, and we can help you)
- If you are a current student, navigate to Registration, Fees and Assessment > My Official Documents > Request Hard Copy Documents
- If you are alumni, Navigate to Academic Services > Official Documents > Request Hard Copy Documents.
- Go to New Request and click on the "Alternative Address/comments/contact info" button (enter your contact information and any additional comments if required. Click save)
- Choose Academic Statement from the document list
- Proceed to Checkout - Academic Statements are €11 (this includes postage). You will be sent 2 sets of Academic Statements for each order.
Documents cannot be processed unless a completed application is received by the Student Desk.
All of our Academic Documents are printed on secure paper with several safety features.
See our Official Documents FAQ page for further information on how long it takes to process requests, postage methods, etc.