- Arnold Bax Collection
- Beranger Watercolours
- Maeve Binchy Papers
- Cartlann na gCanúintí
- Curran-Laird Collection
- Patrick Ferriter Manuscripts
- Eva Gore-Booth Papers
- Maurice Harmon Papers
- Irish Academy of Letters
- Irish Poetry Reading Archive
- Kavanagh Archive
- Mary Lavin Papers
- William Lover Papers
- Dubhaltach Mac Firbisigh
- Riobard Mac Góráin Collection
- Frank McGuinness Papers
- Tom MacIntyre Papers
- Gerard Manley Hopkins Letters
- Henry Morris Manuscripts
- Henry Morris Manuscripts: Additional Manuscripts
- Henry Morris Papers
- Henry Morris Correspondence
- Edna O'Brien Papers
- OBrien Lam Collection
- Eugene O’Curry Manuscripts
- Annie O'Donnell Letters
- John O’Donovan/William Reeves Correspondence
- Colm Ó Lochlainn Manuscripts
- Colm Ó Lochlainn Letters
- Seán Ó Riordáin
- Return of the Native
- UCD Additional Irish Manuscripts
- UCD Library Building Papers
- UCD Manuscripts
- Sture Ureland Collection
- Caroline Walsh Papers
- History of Irish Medicine and Popular Cures by William Wilde
- Yeats’ Festschrift Collection
- Our Collection of Modern Literary Papers
- Our Collection of Manuscripts
- A Gallery of Archival Images
UCD Library Special Collections holds a collection of 28 manuscripts, mainly in the English language.
View the UCD Letters from the Collection online in UCD Digital Library
Reference code IE/SC/UCD ms
Level of Description
c. 10 boxes.
Scope and Content
- 28 mainly English language manuscripts.
- Includes The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy (UCD ms 11).
- Contains the UCD Letters Collection, many of which pertain to the Catholic University of Ireland. These include the correspondence of 19th century scholars John O’Donovan and William Reeves.
- Manuscripts 7 and 8 are 18th century Latin texts on religious matters written by the scribe Andrew Ryan in 1759.
- Manuscript 15 William Lover.
- The other material is from the 19th and 20th century.
- A manuscript copy of William Wilde’s History of Irish Medicine and Popular Cures is also included.
Access and Use
The materials in this collection are available by appointment only to research students, reaching staff and scholars. Research students should have a letter of recommendation from their supervisor.
Photocopying or digital photographing of this material is not permitted.
The material is listed online in Sources: A National Library of Ireland database for Irish research. This search tool is the online version of Hayes, Richard J. (1965) Manuscript Sources for the History of Irish Civilisation, Boston Hall, also available in James Joyce Library, Level 2, Ref GR 016/091.