The eLearning course "Supporting the Mental Health and Wellbeing of Employees" was developed by the UCD Mental Health and Wellbeing Steering Group to help people managers and colleagues have conversations on mental health and signpost supports. The course aims to help end stigma around mental health, to encourage those with mental health difficulties to come forward and to give confidence to people managers in supporting people through signposting to relevant services and help.
This 30-minute course consists of three units:
- Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing Concepts
- Supporting Colleagues
Access the programme on Learn Upon (register with your UCD email address)
"Leading Inclusively in UCD" - EDI RISE Webinar
People Managers taking part in the leadership development programme RISE are invited to complete the EDI Webinar "Leading Inclusively in UCD". The webinar recording is available on the RISE Portal and can be accessed on LinkedIn Learning.
Those who are key decision makers and have responsibilities for managing others have a key role to play in shaping a positive, respectful and inclusive working environment. Explore how to build a culture of inclusion that embraces diversity and creates a sense of belonging and how to effectively lead a diverse team inclusively. This module will enable you to reflect on the concepts of inclusion, diversity, equality, equity, and belonging. It will also raise awareness around EDI initiatives and support you to embed these into your daily practices and bring them to life.
Given UCD’s strategic priorities and being a global University consisting of a diverse employee and student population, it is critical that leaders and managers understand the impact of their decisions and know how to create a culture of respect and inclusion and the elimination of discrimination.
- Knowledge of the national and international context - legislation and good practice
- Understanding of the diverse make-up of the University
- Clear understanding of the key responsibilities of leaders and managers at each stage of the employment cycle from an EDI perspective and relevant initiatives, policies and practices
- Training and supports in place for managers and employees
- Ability to build strategies to create an inclusive, positive, respectful working environment that optimises wellbeing for yourself as a leader and people manager and for your team
For more information about RISE visit the People and Organisation Development website.
"Equality and Human Rights in the Public Service" - Introductory eLearning Module
This eLearning module developed by the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission (IHREC) will support staff working in the public service to further their knowledge and understanding of equality and human rights and the statutory obligations within the Public Sector Duty. The eLearning is self-paced and will take about 3 hours to complete. Learners will need to pass the assessment at the end of each unit and will receive a personalised certificate upon completion.
- Unit 1 "Equality in the Public Service": introduces you to equality and the equality obligations of public bodies and explores issues facing staff and service users.
- Unit 2 "Human Rights in the Public Service": introduces you to human rights concepts and human rights obligations of public bodies and explores issues facing staff and service users.
- Unit 3 "The Public Sector Equality and Human Rights Duty": introduces you to the Public Sector Duty and the steps involved in its implementation
Access the eLearning now: https://www.ihrec.ie/elearning
LinkedIn Learning is an e-learning portfolio of thousands of courses and tutorials taught by experts in creative and business skills. It supplements face-to-face and live virtual learning and provides an opportunity for UCD employees to deepen their knowledge on a number of topics of interest by accessing online video courses in their own time and at their own pace.
To learn more about LinkedIn Learning in UCD, visit the People and Organisation Development website.
EDI have compiled a collection of LinkedIn learning courses on equality and inclusion (see below.) To access LinkedIn Learning you will need to log in with your UCD Connect username and password.