- Equality Diversity & Inclusion Strategy and Action Plan
- UCD Guide on embedding Equality Diversity and Inclusion and promoting the visibility of underrepresented groups in UCD
- Diverse Voices: An intercultural awareness and student support training guide for employees working with international students, produced by the Irish Council for International Students (ICOS). UCD is an ICOS member organisation, therefore any UCD staff member can gain access to the Members Area and download a copy of this toolkit (available for a limited time only)
- Internationalisation at Home: Blog article by Elspeth Jones and Tanja Reiffenrath about ways to integrate global perspectives within programmes of study
- Gender Equality
- Embedding EDI: Guidelines for Visibility
- Unconscious Bias Supports
- Athena Swan Institutional Silver Application Consultation - World Café
- Dignity & Respect
- LGBTI Supports
- Access to the UCD Community for Refugees & Asylum Seekers
- Mental Health
- Supports for Carers
- Supports for Parents
- Tips for Inclusive Recruitment
- Bereavement Support
- Open Door Initiative
- Quality Review Resources
- Menopause Conference
Page Updated: 20th July 2022
UCD is committed to creating an environment where diversity is celebrated and everyone is treated fairly regardless of gender, age, race, disability, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, membership of the travelling community or socio-economic status. As a University committed to advancing society, UCD continues to work to address discrimination to eradicate it through education, research and wider social engagement.
Read the full statement on UCD's commitment to addressing racism and discrimination.
Multicultural Employee Network at UCD (MENU)
As one of their key priorities, the EDI Multicultural group helped set up MENU, an employee network for multicultural employees and those interested in other cultures. MENU was launched in 2019 and currently counts 200+ members. The aim of MENU is to support International employees and to help integrate them into the UCD Community and beyond by providing a space for them to network and exchange ideas. Find out more about MENU on the EDI Networks page and by visiting the MENU website and following their Twitter page.
Race & Ethnic Equality
There are numerous new and ongoing initiatives in UCD to support race equality and eliminate discrimination, inlcuding reporting mechanisms, supports networks, teaching & learning initiatives and working groups. Visit UCD's Race and Ethnic Equality page to find out more and get involved.
Dignity & Respect at UCD
UCD strives to promote an environment for work and study which upholds the dignity and respect of the individual and which supports every individual’s right to study and/or work in an environment which is free of any form of harassment, intimidation or bullying. There are a number of supports in place for employees and students experiencing bullying and/or harassment, and there are a range of options (both informal and formal) available in an attempt to resolve the issue. Find out more about Dignity & Respect at UCD on the EDI Supports page.
UCD Diversity Calendar
The UCD Diversity Calendar aims to provide information about diverse cultural celebrations and religious holidays as part of UCD’s commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion. The calendar is available as a downloadable PDF and as an interactive slideshow: find out more about the calendar and the featured religious and cultural holidays and observances.
Cultural awareness (or cultural sensitivity, cross-cultural / intercultural awareness) refers to the awareness of our own cultural identity, values and beliefs and the knowledge and acceptance of other’s cultures. Increasing our intercultural competence enhances our interpersonal skills, enables us to relate to people from other cultures and to build connections in a more meaningful way. Find out more on this topic and about initiatives and supports available in UCD to increase your intercultural competence on our Cultural Awareness page.