Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Group and Sub-groups
UCD is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for faculty, staff and students of the university, and this is demonstrated in Strategic Objective 5 of the University Strategic Plan “Attract and retain an excellent and diverse cohort of students, faculty and staff”. UCD believes in equality, diversity and inclusion and embeds these fairness principles into all aspects of University life. UCD’s vision for EDI is to be a leader and role model in equality and diversity in the higher education sector nationally and internationally, and for EDI to be at the heart of all we do.
The UMT Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Group was established in September 2015 to support the achievement of this strategic objective and to promote an inclusive and diverse work and study environment for all.
This group plays an important role in the mainstreaming of equality, diversity and inclusion throughout the university for faculty, employees and students as the university develops and delivers processes, makes policy decisions and plans programmes and projects. The group leads out on equality, diversity and inclusion initiatives and makes recommendations to the University Management Team.
The EDI group is chaired by Professor Colin Scott, Vice-President for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and is supported by the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion unit.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Membership of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Group 2018 - 2021:
- Professor Colin Scott (Chair, VP for EDI)
- PJ Barron (Estate Services Representative)
- Dr Marta Bustillo (Library)
- Ruairí Power (Welfare Officer, Student Union)
- Rory Carey (Director of Culture & Engagement, UCD HR)
- Orla Barry (University Secretariat)
- Philip Fischer (IT Services)
- Marcellina Fogarty (Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Manager)
- Shauna Hughes (International Office)
- Dr Anna Kelly (Access and Lifelong Learning)
- Tina Lowe (Disability Staff Network)
- Maura McGinn (Director of Institutional Research)
- Andy Myler (Registry - Administrative Services)
- Professor Grace Mulcahy (Widening Participation Committee)
- Leighton Gray (Campaigns and Engagement Officer, Student Union)
- Dr Sharon Shannon (Women @ STEMM)
- Professor Denis Shields (Research & Curriculum Group)
- Mark Simpson (Engagement & Communications Group )
- David Somers (AUC)
- Dr Dorota Szelewa (Multicultural Group)
- Dr Deirdre O'Connor (Disability Group)
- Dr Paul D'Alton (LGBTI Group)
- Licia Carlesi, EDI - Secretary to the EDI Group
- Dr Joseph Twist (College of Arts and Humanities)
- Professor Judith Harford (College of Social Sciences and Law)
- Dr John Healy (College of Engineering and Architecture)
- Dr Antoinette Perry (College of Science)
- Professor Andreas Hoepner (College of Business)
- Professor Torres Sweeney (College of Health & Agricultural Science)
EDI Group Terms of Reference
The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Sub-Groups report to the UMT Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) group. These groups are responsible for supporting the mainstreaming of EDI and driving equality, diversity and inclusion related initiatives (see terms of reference below.) They will make recommendations to the EDI Group.
Expression of Interest
* Expressions of interest are currently closed *
We welcome expressions of interest from all members of the UCD Community and all backgrounds to join the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion sub-groups. Please fill out the following expression of interest form if you are interested in joining any of the sub-groups as outlined below:
Expression of interest forms and any queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with EDI Sub-Group Membership as the subject.
The following are the EDI Sub-groups currently in UCD: