“Data Driving Diversity: UCD National Data & Diversity Conference”
On Thursday 17th September 2020, UCD hosted a national conference on data and diversity.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) data collection and analysis, both quantitative and qualitative, is essential nowadays in order to inform what we do and to measure our success. There are many challenges in the collection of this sensitive data and how best to use it in the EDI sphere.
This National Data & Diversity Conference was hosted by University College Dublin EDI unit focused on the importance of data in the EDI sphere and, in particular, how it can inform better decision-making, identify priorities and lead to the enhancement of a more inclusive environment in the Higher Education sector and beyond.
This conference covered the following:
• Target Setting
• Data Security
• How to use Data Analytics to Drive the Equality & Diversity Agenda and get the conversations started (Race and Racism)
• Insights on Equality & Diversity Surveys. Why are they so important and how can we use the data?
• Importance of data for Athena SWAN Applications
• UCD Data: Best practice examples- collaboration between EDI Unit and ALL (Access and Lifelong Learning)
• UCD Survey : Findings from recent Culture and Engagement (C&E) Working from Home Survey
- Professor Colin Scott, UCD Vice-President for Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- Dr Ross Woods, Head, HEA Centre of Excellence for Gender Equality
- Jacky Fox, Managing Director for Accenture Ireland Security Lead
- Olivia McEvoy, Director, Diversity & Inclusion People Advisory Services, EY
- Dr Vanessa Ho, Associate Dean for Culture, Development and Inclusion, Reader in Pharmacology and Inclusive Practice, St George’s University, London
- Dr Joanna Jasiewicz, EDI Consultant, Cambridge University
- Tom Costelloe, UCD EDI Project Officer
- Dr Bairbre Fleming, Deputy Director, UCD Access and Lifelong Learning
- Mark Simpson UCD Culture and Engagement Senior Manager
Keynote video from the event can be found below: