Welcome to CS News, the new UCD CS magazine
- 5G for digital healthcare in COVID-19
- UCD CS Faculty Elected Vice Chair of ACM SIGCSE
- CS Big Data project for strategies to combat childhood obesity recognised for its innovation potential
- Welcome to CS News 2022
- UCD CS to host the 27th ACM Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education
- UCD Computer Science Success in SFI Frontiers to the Future
- Why study Computer Science at UCD?
- CAMEO project receives funding from the Disruptive Technology Innovation Fund
- Congratulations to the Class of 2021 - MSc Forensic Computing & Cybercrime Investigation
- Computer Science Colleagues’ success in Interdisciplinary Research Scheme
- ML Labs Annual Newsletter
- Seagate CORTX Challenge
- UCD Academic awarded the 2021 Beijing Great Wall Friendship Award
- Recent funding successes and industry collaborations
- EU H2020 SPATIAL project
- recsyslabs - privacy preserving personalisation for publishers
- Congratulations to our recent PhD graduates
- UCD In Conversation: Cybercrime causes, trends, and prevention
- CS researchers partner in three successful Disruptive Technologies Innovation Fund projects
- Welcome to CS News, the new UCD CS magazine
- Congratulations to our recent PhD and research MSc graduates
- New book showcases digital forensic research by UCD law enforcement graduates
- Training the next generation of Computer Scientists
- Industry Partnership Event to showcase new research on using machine learning
- Poems that Solve Puzzles: The History and Science of Algorithms
- A welcome to incoming first year Computer Science students
- Zoom for Thought with Prof. Muthoni Masinde
- iPROCEEDS-2: Starting of the long-distance master programme on forensic computing and cybercrime investigation
- Short Term Contract Positions Opportunities
- Most Influential Paper Award at the 28th International Requirements Engineering Conference
- From the School of Medicine in partnership with the School of Computer Science
- 2nd Workshop on Implementing Machine Ethics on 30th June
- CeADAR receives Enterprise Ireland Funding for a new Supercomputer
- Assistant Professor Brett Becker awarded Research Fellowship
- UCD CS Masters Student wins prestigious Intel Student Scholarship
- Navigating COVID19 data with a little help from a tame data scientist
- PhD Positions
- UCD Computer Science Project Nominated for Two Education Awards
- Vacancies - Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Computer Science (x2)
- Ad Astra Fellows - Applications to Computer Science
- CALL OPEN - PhD Scholarships 2020 in Machine Learning
- Commissioner of An Garda Síochána visits the School of Computer Science for Conferring
- Computing Education Group SIGCSEire to launch in UCD on December 11th
- UCD Computer Science wins over €34m in Research Grants in 2018-19
- UCDCS Best Short Paper award 13th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys)
- CS Sparks Programme
- CS Sparks
Welcome to CS News, the new UCD CS magazine
We are delighted to present the first issue of our new UCD School of Computer Science magazine, CS News. The magazine brings the latest news from around the School to our students, alumni, collaborators, staff, friends, and the worldwide computer science community.
In our lead article, Professor Gregory O’Hare describes the COMBAT project. COMBAT is developing novel software to assist in the understanding and management of the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID, in Ireland. Next, Professor Barry Smyth explains his work on analysing and visualising COVID-19 data.
The School's latest European projects are introduced, including work on personalised medicine, life sciences data, law enforcement, and analysis of the British Library’s book collection. Highlights of national funding include development of the latest artificial intelligence techniques for sustainability and health applications.
The magazine catches up with School researchers who are in the news, alumni working in industry, and students on internships. We have a spotlight piece on Professor Eleni Mangina who is using augmented and virtual reality in education. We find out about CeADAR, the School’s research centre for applied AI and data analytics. Also covered is our work on bringing computer science to the Leaving Certificate, commencement of new educational programmes in UCD, and establishment of our Centres for Research Training. We wrap up the magazine with the latest community news, including the latest books authored by UCD CS staff.
To make sure you receive future issues of the magazine, please sign up for our email list.
Now, kick back, read on and enjoy!
Assoc. Prof. Chris Bleakley, Head of School