Why study Computer Science at UCD?
- Computer Science Summer School
- Welcome to CS News 2023
- EoI for Postdoctoral Fellowships
- EU MSCA SE RE-ROUTE Project Kicks Off to Design Futuristic Multi-Modal Transportation Platform
- PhD Poster Event
- UCD wins at AI Ireland AI Awards
- UCDCS Athena SWAN Award
- Jan Łukasiewicz
- International Men’s Day
- 1st Year BSc Halloween Networking Event
- Ada Lovelace Energy Hackathon
- 5G for digital healthcare in COVID-19
- UCD CS Faculty Elected Vice Chair of ACM SIGCSE
- CS Big Data project for strategies to combat childhood obesity recognised for its innovation potential
- Welcome to CS News 2022
- UCD CS to host the 27th ACM Innovation and Technology in Computer Science Education
- UCD Computer Science Success in SFI Frontiers to the Future
- Why study Computer Science at UCD?
- CAMEO project receives funding from the Disruptive Technology Innovation Fund
- Congratulations to the Class of 2021 - MSc Forensic Computing & Cybercrime Investigation
- Computer Science Colleagues’ success in Interdisciplinary Research Scheme
- ML Labs Annual Newsletter
- Seagate CORTX Challenge
- UCD Academic awarded the 2021 Beijing Great Wall Friendship Award
- Recent funding successes and industry collaborations
- EU H2020 SPATIAL project
- recsyslabs - privacy preserving personalisation for publishers
- Congratulations to our recent PhD graduates
- UCD In Conversation: Cybercrime causes, trends, and prevention
- CS researchers partner in three successful Disruptive Technologies Innovation Fund projects
- Welcome to CS News, the new UCD CS magazine
- Congratulations to our recent PhD and research MSc graduates
- New book showcases digital forensic research by UCD law enforcement graduates
- Training the next generation of Computer Scientists
- Industry Partnership Event to showcase new research on using machine learning
- Poems that Solve Puzzles: The History and Science of Algorithms
- A welcome to incoming first year Computer Science students
- Zoom for Thought with Prof. Muthoni Masinde
- iPROCEEDS-2: Starting of the long-distance master programme on forensic computing and cybercrime investigation
- Short Term Contract Positions Opportunities
- Most Influential Paper Award at the 28th International Requirements Engineering Conference
- From the School of Medicine in partnership with the School of Computer Science
- 2nd Workshop on Implementing Machine Ethics on 30th June
- CeADAR receives Enterprise Ireland Funding for a new Supercomputer
- Assistant Professor Brett Becker awarded Research Fellowship
- UCD CS Masters Student wins prestigious Intel Student Scholarship
- Navigating COVID19 data with a little help from a tame data scientist
- PhD Positions
- UCD Computer Science Project Nominated for Two Education Awards
- Vacancies - Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Computer Science (x2)
- Ad Astra Fellows - Applications to Computer Science
- CALL OPEN - PhD Scholarships 2020 in Machine Learning
- Commissioner of An Garda Síochána visits the School of Computer Science for Conferring
- Computing Education Group SIGCSEire to launch in UCD on December 11th
- UCD Computer Science wins over €34m in Research Grants in 2018-19
- UCDCS Best Short Paper award 13th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys)
- CS Sparks Programme
- CS Sparks
Why study Computer Science at UCD?
At the recent UCD College of Science Awards ceremony we interviewed some of our students to find out:
* Why they chose to study computer science?
* What their experience of UCD Computer Science was like?
* What they would say to anyone considering computer science as a subject?
Their replies were interesting, insightful and, we expect, helpful to anyone thinking about studying Computer Science at UCD. To find out what they said, watch the YouTube video at:
Many thanks to the students who participated in the video: Stella Keany, Nikolai Gladychev, Kar Yen Yap, Claire Hughes, Pranchal Narang, Cathal Poon, Rajit Banerjee, Idil Bilgic, Noor Bari and Jack Geraghty. Also thanks to the video team at Whitepine Productions, Guy Robbins and Peter Cutler. The interviews were filmed at the UCD College of Science Undergraduate Awards on Saturday 26 March 2022 at UCD.
Experience University Life
UCD’s Computer Science Summer School takes place on Thursday June 9th at 9.00am – 4.30pm.
The Summer School is for secondary school students entering 6th Year or (Year 13 A-Level) in September 2022.
More details at: