The Academic Progression Policy governs the progression of Lecturer below the bar to Lecturer above the bar.
Academic Progresson Policy
The purpose of the policy is to ensure that individual academic staff continue to develop and to recognise and further motivate staff who have made and continue to make significant contributions. This policy is effective from 29 May 2012.
This policy applies to Lecturers both permanent or fixed term who hold the title Lecturer below the bar.
The pages in this section contain a summary of a UCD policy, however, in all cases the Academic Progression Policy remains the definitive source of information on the topic.
Process for Academic Progression
- Prior to application you should familiarise yourself with the Academic Progression Policy.
- Complete the Academic Progression Application Form , attach a CV and submit to your Head of School.
What happens next:
- The Academic Progression Form will be reviewed by the Head of School who will make a recommendation to the College Principal.
- If approved an Academic Progression Approval Form will be completed and submitted to email@example.com. UCD HR will write to you confirming that your application for Academic Progression has been approved and confirm any salary changes.
- If a Head of School is unwilling to recommend an application for progression, the staff member may request that the College Principal review the case.
- Academic Progression Application Form(goes to your Head of School)
- Academic Progression Approval Form (goes to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact the HR Helpdesk
The HR Helpdesk is the primary point of contact for all your employment-related queries by email and telephone. We are here to help you with any queries on employee benefits, terms & conditions and HR policies & procedures. If we can’t help you directly we will refer your query to a HR specialist area.
All visitors to UCD HR, Roebuck offices should be by appointment only and arrangements to be made with specific HR staff members.
UCD Belfield Campus.