- Step 1: Login to ESS and on the menu on the left click on 'My Hourly Timesheets'.
- Step 2: In the Admin Timesheets section click 'ADD' to open a new timesheet, and complete the timesheet under the section 'Value Based Claim'. Using the dropdown menu for Other Work, select 'ESS Value Timesheet'.
- Step 3: Complete Date, description and amount. The Module Code section is optional.
- Step 4: Select 'Approver 1' and 'Approver 2' from the dropdown menu. Approver 1 will select the relevant cost centre. (Note An Administrator can also act as Approver 1)
- Step 5: Include comments if applicable. If you are satisfied to submit the timesheet, tick the box beside Declaration and Submit Timesheet. Alternatively, if you wish to include further information at a later date and do not wish to submit the timesheet, select Save for Later.
Note: In your absence you can select Timesheet Approver Nomination - See Quick Guide for Approver 1
What Happens Next?
- Approver 1 will receive an email stating that a timesheet has been submitted for approval
- If Approver 1 approves a timesheet it then goes to Approver 2 for further approval
- If Approver 1 rejects a timesheet it goes back to the administrator who will need to resubmit
Note: If a claim is rejected by Finance / Payroll the timesheet goes back to Approver 2, who then must decide if it should be returned to the claimant or to Approver 1. The claim must be resubmitted by Approver 2 as per the current deadline in order to be paid in that payroll run.
If Approver 2 rejects the timesheet back to the claimant, both the claimant and Approver 1 are notified that the claim has been rejected back to the claimant. Approver 1 can still see the timesheet but it has a status of rejected. Once the claimant edits and resubmits the timesheet the status goes to re-submitted and Approver 1 can approve it again.
Hourly Timesheets Summary
The Screen shows a summary of timesheets submitted and what stage they are at:
- New (timesheets with of Status of Submitted)
- Rejected by finance
- Historic/previously approved claims
- Approver nomination – see Quick Guide for Approver 1