Hourly Paid Set Up
This page outlines the steps you need to take to get set up as an Hourly Paid Employee. You will need to complete this process before you can submit any claims for work done. The set up process takes place online using UCD’s Service Portal and details of this process can be found below, alongside some frequently asked questions.
Before you go online
Before you begin completing the form, you must receive the information below from your School or Unit. It is the responsibility of the School or Unit to provide this information to you.
- School/Unit name – e.g. School of Medicine, UCD Registry
- School/Unit Contact – this is the person in your school or unit to whom you will submit your completed hourly set up form. It's important to get this correct as the School/Unit Contact name on your form cannot be changed after you have started the process.
- Type of work - e.g. Tutor/Demonstrator, Occasional Lecturer, other type of hourly work
Logging in to the Service Portal
Once you have the information from your School or Unit as outlined above, you can start the set-up process by going to www.ucd.ie/external - click on the Campus section, then on My HR Forms.
- Already worked in UCD? - Log in with your UCD personnel (P) number, UCD email address or Connect credentials. If you are unsure of your personnel number, contact the UCD HR Helpdesk (email@example.com) quoting your PPS number.
- Current or past student? (alumnus) - Log in with your UCD student credentials.
- New to UCD? - Create a new account.
Completing the online set up form
Once you have logged in, click ‘Create’ to start a new form. Choose ‘Hourly Set Up Form’ for the Form Type, select your School/Unit and your School/Unit Contact name, and then click ‘Start Process’.
To complete the sections on the form:
- Sections 1 to 4 (Personal Details, Address Details, Next of Kin Details and Bank Details):
If you have already worked for UCD or have been a UCD student, these sections will automatically populate with the details already on your UCD record. If not, you can update certain parts of these sections as required.
- Section 5 (Claimant Set Up Information):
- Type of Work: Choose from either Tutor/Demonstrator or Occasional Lecturer. If your work is neither of those, choose ‘Other Hourly Paid’.
- IRP/Work Permit Required: To be able to upload a scan of your IRP card in section 6, you must answer ‘yes’ to this question in section 5.
- Student: If you are currently a student but answer ‘no’ to this question, your subsequent timesheets access will be with a new Connect username and password instead of your student number and password.
- Section 6 (Upload Documents):
Upload your IRP card, ensuring you capture both sides of the card.
Submitting your online set up form
When you have completed sections 1-6, go back up to the top of the form and click ‘Submit to School/Unit Contact for Review’.
When you have successfully submitted your set-up form to your School or Unit, you will see the message **NEWLY SUBMITTED**
What happens next?
You can view the current status of your set-up form by logging back into it via www.ucd.ie/external > Campus > My HR Forms.
- Set-up Created: You need to complete sections 1-5 of the form, and also section 6 if relevant to you, and then submit it to your School/Unit Contact by clicking 'Submit to School/Unit Contact for Review' at the top of the form.
- With School/Unit Contact for Review: The Head of School/Unit authorises your set-up form – In order to access and submit timesheets for that month’s payroll, the form must be authorised online by 3rd of the month (or the subsequent working day if the 3rd falls on a weekend or public holiday).
- With Nominated Authoriser for Review: The Head of School/Unit authorises your set-up form – this must be done and forwarded to UCD Human Resources (HR) by the 3rd of the month (or the subsequent working day if the 3rd falls on a weekend or public holiday) for you to receive access to submit timesheets for that month’s payroll.
- With Claimant for Acceptance (Tutors/Demonstrators only): Tutors/Demonstrators will be notified by email when their contract is ready to review. The set up will not proceed until the contract has been accepted on InfoHub.
- With HR: The UCD HR Operations team receives your authorised set-up form:
- Missing information? - If your form is missing information or requires clarification, e.g. if you have not uploaded the required documents in section 6, the form will be rejected back to you and you will receive an email from HR advising you of the reason. You will then need to update and re-submit your set-up form to your School/Unit Contact for it to be authorised again by the Head of School/Unit.
- Everything in order - If your form is completed correctly, it will be processed by UCD HR added to the HR system, and you will receive an email (with your Approver 1 copied) advising you of your UCD personnel number and how to submit timesheets via the Employee Self Service (ESS) portal.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Please refer to the update my details section under HR A-Z
Payment will be processed in the next payment period.
Payday falls on the last ‘working day’ of every month. For example; Tuesday 31st August or Friday 28th of February.
A claimant may be set up on weekly payroll if they meet all of the below criteria:
- New to UCD + working for less than a 12 week period, + Casual Rate_2010 or Temp Exec Asst_2013 (2010)
Contact the HR Helpdesk
The HR Helpdesk is the primary point of contact for all your employment-related queries by email and telephone. We are here to help you with any queries on employee benefits, terms & conditions and HR policies & procedures. If we can’t help you directly we will refer your query to a HR specialist area.
All visitors to UCD HR, Roebuck offices should be by appointment only and arrangements to be made with specific HR staff members.
UCD Belfield Campus.