Further Learning in Employment Law
- UCD team wins the 2023 Corn Adomnáin – International Humanitarian Law Competition
- UCD Sutherland Opportunity supported by Mason Hayes & Curran BURSARIES
- HRER/ UCD Conference 12 June 2023: preliminary announcement and Call for Papers (deadline 13.03.23)
- Professor Gráinne de Búrca awarded UCD Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws
- Further Learning in Employment Law
- UCD Law Team wins the National Moot Court Competition 2022
- Dr Michael F Farrell, human rights activist awarded Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws
- UCD Law alumna, Judge Síofra O’Leary, appointed president of European Court of Human Rights
- Large numbers of Alumni attend the 2022 Milestone Reunion
- Portrait of Mrs Justice Catherine McGuinness
- Dr Lukasz Grzejdziak appointed to EU Project for sustainable reforms in Ukraine's justice sector
- Mr Justice Gerard Hogan launches ‘Palles: The Legal Legacy of the Last Lord Chief Baron
- Conferring of UCD Matheson PhD Scholar in Commercial Law
- UCD PhD Student Awarded Irish Research Council Funding
- Professor Laurent Pech appointed Dean at UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Magdalene Laundries: Told, Acknowledged and Not Forgotten
- Professor John D Feerick conferred with honorary Degree of Doctor of Law
- 2022 Matheson | UCD Leadership Series Crypto and the Digital Assets Revolution: What’s Next?
- Histories of Probation in Ireland: A Theoretical Analysis
- Three Upcoming Constitutional Law Conferences in UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Lord Hendy focuses on P&O Ferries for the 2022 Guest Lecture in Employment Law
- Lord Sumption delivers the 2022 John M. Kelly lecture to a large audience in UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Chief Justice Launches UCD Student Legal Services Journal 2022
- The Rt. Hon the Lord Mayor of the City of London, Alderman Vincent Keaveny visits UCD Sutherland School of Law
- UCD Law hosts Student Event on The European Strategic Autonomy with Admiral Mellett (ret.) and Colonel Dirou
- UCD Law Students Refugee Law Mooting Success
- Major Conference on Philanthropy hosted by UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Fourteen Law Students Awarded Medals at Bank of Ireland Prize Giving
- Professor Imelda Maher appointed Fellow at New York University
- 2022 Helga Pedersen Moot Court Competition
- Ad Astra Fellows, UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Sutherland Fellow in French Law 2021/22
- Legal History Research Group publishes new book
- Mentors Sought for UCD Law Students
- Alumnus Vincent Keaveny appointed Lord Mayor of the City of London
- Three Doctoral candidates awarded Irish Research Council Scholarships
- European Traineeship in Intellectual Property
- THE Rankings position UCD Sutherland School of Law as Ireland’s leading University Law School
- News 2021
- News 2020
- News 2019
- News 2018
- News 2017
- News 2016
Further Learning in Employment Law
We are delighted to offer graduates of the Professional Diploma in Employment Law the chance to attend a number of update lectures in 2023. Graduates of the Diploma may register at the booking link below to attend the following lectures in the 2023 Diploma programme:
1 February 2023: Practice and Procedure before the WRC and Labour Court (Kevin Roche BL)
This lecture will include an examination of developments since the Supreme Court decision in Zalewski, including the enactment of the Workplace Relations (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2021 and the adoption of the Labour Court Rules 2022.
1 March 2023: Protected Disclosures (Dr Lauren Kierans BL)
This lecture will examine the changes to the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 brought about by the implementation of Directive 2019/1937/EU through the Protected Disclosures (Amendment) Act 2022.
30* March 2023: Gender Pay Equality (Dr Sara La Huerta)
This lecture will examine the Gender Pay Gap Information Act 2021 and the Employment Equality Act 1998 (Section 20A) (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations (S.I. No. 264 of 2022).
5 April 2023: Organisation of Working Time (Anthony Kerr SC)
This lecture will include an examination of recent decisions of the CJEU on the status of “standby/on-call time” (Case C-344/19, Radiotelevisija Slovenija; Case C-107/19, Dopravni) and annual leave entitlements (Case C-214/16, King; Case C-684/16 Shimizu; Case C-385/17, Hein; Case C-120/21, LB).
12 April 2023: Workplace Privacy (Cathal McGreal BL)
This lecture will include an examination of the implications for workplaces of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the decisions of the ECtHR in Barbulescu and Lopex Ribalda.
Lectures will generally take place on Wednesday evenings between 18:00 and 20:00 in the Sutherland School of Law (*Note: 30 March is a Thursday). The cost to attend an individual lecture is €250 or €1000 for all five. Register below to attend or if you have any queries please email email@example.com.