Sutherland Fellow in French Law 2021/22
- Further Learning in Employment Law
- UCD Law Team wins the National Moot Court Competition 2022
- Dr Michael F Farrell, human rights activist awarded Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws
- UCD Law alumna, Judge Síofra O’Leary, appointed president of European Court of Human Rights
- Large numbers of Alumni attend the 2022 Milestone Reunion
- Portrait of Mrs Justice Catherine McGuinness
- Dr Lukasz Grzejdziak appointed to EU Project for sustainable reforms in Ukraine's justice sector
- Mr Justice Gerard Hogan launches ‘Palles: The Legal Legacy of the Last Lord Chief Baron
- Conferring of UCD Matheson PhD Scholar in Commercial Law
- UCD PhD Student Awarded Irish Research Council Funding
- Professor Laurent Pech appointed Dean at UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Magdalene Laundries: Told, Acknowledged and Not Forgotten
- Professor John D Feerick conferred with honorary Degree of Doctor of Law
- 2022 Matheson | UCD Leadership Series Crypto and the Digital Assets Revolution: What’s Next?
- Histories of Probation in Ireland: A Theoretical Analysis
- Three Upcoming Constitutional Law Conferences in UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Lord Hendy focuses on P&O Ferries for the 2022 Guest Lecture in Employment Law
- Lord Sumption delivers the 2022 John M. Kelly lecture to a large audience in UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Chief Justice Launches UCD Student Legal Services Journal 2022
- The Rt. Hon the Lord Mayor of the City of London, Alderman Vincent Keaveny visits UCD Sutherland School of Law
- UCD Law hosts Student Event on The European Strategic Autonomy with Admiral Mellett (ret.) and Colonel Dirou
- UCD Law Students Refugee Law Mooting Success
- Major Conference on Philanthropy hosted by UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Fourteen Law Students Awarded Medals at Bank of Ireland Prize Giving
- Professor Imelda Maher appointed Fellow at New York University
- 2022 Helga Pedersen Moot Court Competition
- Ad Astra Fellows, UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Sutherland Fellow in French Law 2021/22
- Legal History Research Group publishes new book
- Mentors Sought for UCD Law Students
- Alumnus Vincent Keaveny appointed Lord Mayor of the City of London
- Three Doctoral candidates awarded Irish Research Council Scholarships
- European Traineeship in Intellectual Property
- THE Rankings position UCD Sutherland School of Law as Ireland’s leading University Law School
- News 2021
- News 2020
- News 2019
- News 2018
- News 2017
- News 2016
Sutherland Fellow in French Law 2021/22 – French Public Law II
Sutherland School of Law of University College Dublin (UCD) is looking to appoint a Sutherland Fellow in French Law from January to June 2022 to teach French Public Law II (Introduction to Administrative Law) to second year students enrolled in its BCL with French Law and Dual Degree BCL/Maîtrise programmes. The students enrolled in this module are a relatively small group and are very motivated and eager to learn.
The delivery of the module would have to be mostly face-to-face at UCD Belfield campus (some small degree of online delivery could be considered). The specific timetable and delivery details would be agreed with the successful candidate and subject to wider timetabling constraints and public health guidelines.
Applications are invited from candidates with expertise in French Public Law and able to teach in French language, while also being able to communicate and occasionally explain concepts in English. The successful applicant would preferably have a PhD (or be close to completing one), or have substantial professional experience in the subject matter. Interest/experience in teaching French legal methodology and in handling highly diverse groups of students (e.g. with different cultural, language and national backgrounds) is desirable.
The position is temporary for the Academic Year 2021/22, but continuity beyond this academic year may be considered. Remuneration for teaching and marking will be in line with UCD rates for occasional lecturers and with intern examiner rates, respectively.
We welcome applications from everyone, including those who identify with any of the protected characteristics that are set out in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy. The university adheres to a range of equality, diversity and inclusion policies. We encourage applicants to consult UCD’s equality, diversity and inclusion policies here.
Applications: Interested applicants should send a one-page cover letter and CV as a one single pdf document by email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject: “Sutherland Fellow in French Law 2021/22”.
Deadline: The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 17:00 on 29th November 2021.
Further information: For queries, please contact Dr Sara Benedí Lahuerta (email@example.com).