Mentors Sought for UCD Law Students
- Conferring of UCD Matheson PhD Scholar in Commercial Law
- UCD PhD Student Awarded Irish Research Council Funding
- Professor Laurent Pech appointed Dean at UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Magdalene Laundries: Told, Acknowledged and Not Forgotten
- Professor John D Feerick conferred with honorary Degree of Doctor of Law
- 2022 Matheson | UCD Leadership Series Crypto and the Digital Assets Revolution: What’s Next?
- Histories of Probation in Ireland: A Theoretical Analysis
- Three Upcoming Constitutional Law Conferences in UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Lord Hendy focuses on P&O Ferries for the 2022 Guest Lecture in Employment Law
- Lord Sumption delivers the 2022 John M. Kelly lecture to a large audience in UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Chief Justice Launches UCD Student Legal Services Journal 2022
- The Rt. Hon the Lord Mayor of the City of London, Alderman Vincent Keaveny visits UCD Sutherland School of Law
- UCD Law hosts Student Event on The European Strategic Autonomy with Admiral Mellett (ret.) and Colonel Dirou
- UCD Law Students Refugee Law Mooting Success
- Major Conference on Philanthropy hosted by UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Fourteen Law Students Awarded Medals at Bank of Ireland Prize Giving
- Professor Imelda Maher appointed Fellow at New York University
- 2022 Helga Pedersen Moot Court Competition
- Ad Astra Fellows, UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Sutherland Fellow in French Law 2021/22
- Legal History Research Group publishes new book
- Mentors Sought for UCD Law Students
- Alumnus Vincent Keaveny appointed Lord Mayor of the City of London
- Three Doctoral candidates awarded Irish Research Council Scholarships
- European Traineeship in Intellectual Property
- THE Rankings position UCD Sutherland School of Law as Ireland’s leading University Law School
- News 2021
- News 2020
- News 2019
- News 2018
- News 2017
- News 2016
Mentors Sought for UCD Law Students
If you are a UCD law graduate, you are an inspiration and a role model for our students at the UCD Sutherland School of Law. Your advice can help current law students to achieve their ambitions. The UCD Career Mentoring Programme provides students with the opportunity to meet and network with professional mentors who are able to offer support in developing their career ideas, clarifying their goals and improving their employability. We are currently looking for alumni to volunteer as mentors for UCD Law students.
How does it work? The mentor/mentee matching process is student-led and online via our UCD Alumni Network. Student mentees will review this information to consider matches. Both alumni and students will be trained and supported to navigate this process.
What’s involved for alumni mentors:
– As a mentor you will join an online community of fellow UCD alumni career mentors.
– We provide training and support to ensure both alumni and students are confident to make the most of the mentoring relationship.
– Once matched, mentoring sessions can take place online, by telephone, or face-to-face where public health guidelines allow.
– Apart from preparatory work including setting up an online profile and attending a mentor briefing session, this programme will take place from January 2022 until June 2022)
– Student mentees will make direct requests to be mentored during the 'matching window' (10-21 January 2022).
– All participants will be invited to attend an important 'Meet your Mentor' event on 8 February 2022.
– Once you have approved the best match for you, we ask that you meet at least 3 times in 5 months (February - June).