European Traineeship in Intellectual Property
- Conferring of UCD Matheson PhD Scholar in Commercial Law
- UCD PhD Student Awarded Irish Research Council Funding
- Professor Laurent Pech appointed Dean at UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Magdalene Laundries: Told, Acknowledged and Not Forgotten
- Professor John D Feerick conferred with honorary Degree of Doctor of Law
- 2022 Matheson | UCD Leadership Series Crypto and the Digital Assets Revolution: What’s Next?
- Histories of Probation in Ireland: A Theoretical Analysis
- Three Upcoming Constitutional Law Conferences in UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Lord Hendy focuses on P&O Ferries for the 2022 Guest Lecture in Employment Law
- Lord Sumption delivers the 2022 John M. Kelly lecture to a large audience in UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Chief Justice Launches UCD Student Legal Services Journal 2022
- The Rt. Hon the Lord Mayor of the City of London, Alderman Vincent Keaveny visits UCD Sutherland School of Law
- UCD Law hosts Student Event on The European Strategic Autonomy with Admiral Mellett (ret.) and Colonel Dirou
- UCD Law Students Refugee Law Mooting Success
- Major Conference on Philanthropy hosted by UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Fourteen Law Students Awarded Medals at Bank of Ireland Prize Giving
- Professor Imelda Maher appointed Fellow at New York University
- 2022 Helga Pedersen Moot Court Competition
- Ad Astra Fellows, UCD Sutherland School of Law
- Sutherland Fellow in French Law 2021/22
- Legal History Research Group publishes new book
- Mentors Sought for UCD Law Students
- Alumnus Vincent Keaveny appointed Lord Mayor of the City of London
- Three Doctoral candidates awarded Irish Research Council Scholarships
- European Traineeship in Intellectual Property
- THE Rankings position UCD Sutherland School of Law as Ireland’s leading University Law School
- News 2021
- News 2020
- News 2019
- News 2018
- News 2017
- News 2016
European Traineeships in Intellectual Property
UCD Sutherland School of Law students are encouraged to apply now for the Pan-European Seal Professional Traineeship Programme at the EUIPO (European Union Intellectual Property Office). The deadline for applications is 15 March 2022.
This Traineeship Programme is a vehicle for early talent detection among Europe’s brightest and highest-achieving graduates. It targets young, aspiring graduates from several academic backgrounds (IP and non-IP) who will be sponsored by the EUIPO and the EPO for one year-long, paid traineeships.
Each member of the Pan-European Seal is entitled to submit yearly two shortlists, one for the EUIPO and one for the EPO. An average of 100 trainees are selected from shortlists supplied from all members throughout Europe. Traineeships take place either at the EUIPO or the EPO with a monthly training allowance, as well as other benefits.
Trainees have the opportunity to benefit from on-the-job coaching by staff, as well as online training, e-courses in their field of expertise and language courses in one of the official languages of each office.
Interested UCD students should email Associate Dean, Dr Cliona Kelly at: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
More Information on the Pan-European Seal Traineeship:
Website: For more information go to epo.org/pan-european-seal
Video: For an insight into the Traineeship Programme and the first-hand experiences of former Trainees at the European Patent Office see https://bit.ly/PanEuropeanSealV