Explore UCD

UCD Home >

Frequently Asked Questions


Are there any insurance requirements?

Hosts are asked to have in place appropriate insurance cover in relation to their hosting of student interns. UCD provides its own insurance in relation to the student intern. 

Can hosts offer internships to international students?

Non-EU/EEA students enrolled to degree programmes can undertake an internship where this forms part of their course. A separate work permit is not required. Further information can be found in the ‘Guidelines for Degree programme students’ available at www.inis.gov.ie 

What is the typical remuneration involved?

We recommend that students are paid at least minimum wage or contributions towards travel expenses. We have found that the level of pay can impact a host's degree of success in recruiting the best candidate.

College of Arts and Humanities

University College Dublin Belfield Dublin 4 Ireland
T: +353 1 716 7777