Image credit: NOHO and CEMEC (EU/UCD Project)
UCD is widely recognized for its innovative and impactful work at the forefront of the field of digital culture. UCD arts and humanities is pioneering new interdisciplinary approaches to record, shape and develop our digital past, present and futures. Major themes already addressed include the history of the book, understanding of disease, contagion and biopolitics, cultural memory, big data methodologies, globalization, child protection, national identities, story-telling, heritage and culture, social network analysis, and migration.
The UCD Centre for Cultural Analytics aims to establish UCD as an international leader in the next iteration of
digital humanities which extends these developments to fully exploit AI assisted machine learning tools, such
as social network analysis, word embedding and neural networks, to consider patterns beyond the textual.
Projects, News and Events
- Webinar 25th January 2024: Our shared built military heritage
- Join us for our next talk, titled 'Cultures of Entertainment in Digital South Asia
- The Role of Technology in Digital Humanities Education
- Castle to Classrooms: Developing an Irish Castle in Virtual Reality
- Collecting the National Memory, a seminar with Dr Sandra Collins
- Creating interactive narratives in cultural contexts
- Creating Digital Experiences for Cultural Heritage - Stories from the field in 2020. An informative panel discussion led by industry expert Niall Ó hOisín
- Scholarly Communications Design, the first in a new seminar series presented byspeaker Professor Brendan Kane
- Online Seminar - Mapping Actors and Contexts: Modelling Research in Renaissance Ireland in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth centuries
- Professor Gerardine Meaney, UCD School of English, Drama and Film, awarded a prestigious European Research Council (ERC) Advanced Grant